메뉴 닫기

라즈베리파이 5 타디스 (Raspberry Pi 5 Tardis)

sniii sniii · 2024-02-05 15:27 · 조회 303 · 생활용품
작업프로그램
기타(etc)
라이선스
CC BY-SA(저작자표시-동일조건변경허락)
제작여부
출처에서 가져옴
출처
싱기버스
기타
by 67comet
조회수
303
다운로드
0
파일명
Raspberry-Pi-5-Tardis-6421297.zip
상세정보



출처: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6421297

Summary




This is a very remixed version of another print I found on Thingiverse, but it has been over a year since I down loaded it, and I no longer have the original artist. When I run across it, I will credit the remix (The version I used was not a Raspberry Pi case, just a Tardis model with doors.

The idea of the lids are to allow airflow for a cooling fan (I use a 30mm 5V fan sucking air from the lid, to the heat sink on my RPi5).

The ducts work very well. I have ran them both and they both keep the RPi5 below 60* most of the time. Duct V1 the fan is mounted to the lid with the duct coming down from the fan. Duct V2 bolts to the lid, and the fan is at the end of the duct (arrows indicate intended airflow). Both work well, but may not work if you've got the accessory fan.

The factory holes in the Raspberry Pi fit tight, so I thread the bolts from outside to in and use the friction on the Raspberry Pi to hold them (If they get loose, you can always put a nut on them).

Sometimes the bolt holes in the lid are loose for me. When they are too loose, I take a piece of scrap brim, cut it down to fit in the hole, and snug them back up (it's worked well for ever).

I made the model pretty big to allow for cable management. Added loops on the inside and back to zip tie the wires so the Tardis doesn't slide around as bad with wire pressure lifting it up.

The doors open, and the lid comes off (I glue the top ring on as soon as I know the Raspberry Pi holes all line up and I can mount it in there - then I run a little super glue in the groove, bolt in the Raspberry Pi, and cross my fingers - My current one isn't glued at all, the Raspberry Pi holds it together).

I have two lids, one with the ducting close to the edge of the vent hole, and a second one that moves the duct further away from the Raspberry Pi, but needed some internal duct work in the lid (I use that one on my setup, but they're both fine). Either duct works with either lid. The only difference in ducts is that one has the fan up against the lid, and the other has the fan at the end of the duct close to the Raspberry Pi. Both flow well, and both are quiet (V2 seems to keep my Pi a little cooler, but only by a couple degrees C).

Again, this started as a simple model with 4 parts (I printed it initially to use in my home office as a display). I changed the dimensions to hold a Raspberry Pi 5 with room for the cables to be managed securely, opened the top "light" so it could act as an air intake, added loops for zip ties, rounded interior corners, widened tolerances for the top ring (mine fit way too tight initially), added the RPi 5 text inside, and opened up the rear window for the external ports to pass through.

The pink prints were the test prints (so many test prints .. SIGH). The final print is the blue Tardis.

The screw holes for the RPi5 aren't quite right (just a little off). I "made" them work, but I'll try a few more nudges to see if I can get them to line up better if I print another one. Worst case is you'll need to "woller" out the Tardis holes a little bit - like .5mm or so.





Print Settings

  • Printer brand:



    Creality


  • Printer:



    Ender 3 Pro


  • Rafts:
    No
  • Supports:
    Yes
  • Resolution:
    0.2 and 0.28
  • Infill:
    15 or so
  • Filament brand:



    PolyTerra


  • Filament color:



    Matte Navy'ish Blue


  • Filament material:



    PLA


  • Notes:



    The ducts will need supports (I found it printed best leaned forward at a 45* angle with supports and a brim then cleaned up and the base sanded flat before installation)

    The rest do not need supports (The lids "may" need them on your printer, due to the dome underneath. Mine is a little loose under there where it bridged a little, but I sand it a little and it's good).

    I printed the lid and ducts at 0.2, then the, top ring, doors and main body at 0.28.

    Parts I used:
    1 30mm 5V fan
    4 ea M3x8 Hex Head Bolts (duct to lid)
    4 ea M3x16 Hex Head Bolts (fan to duct - with 4 ea nuts)
    4 ea M3x12 Hex Head Bolts (Raspberry Pi to Case - Maybe M3x16 I can't remember)
    Couple squirts of super glue in the top ring groove to the main box
    Couple small zip ties to hold the ether net, HDMI, power cord, and 4 usb wires secure
    A few strips of Velum for the windows, held fast with a dollop of super glue (pictures coming).